[Trillium-l] Decipiens

Robin Graham Bell rgb2 at cornell.edu
Sat Jan 17 03:02:42 CET 2015

Hi Dan, I am imagining (& hoping) that zone 7 is where all the south eastern & western species will come together & be happy. Ithaca certainly was not the place for that ( lancifolium did do well there) & apparently neither is the SE US for western species. Both ovatum & rivale are native here & albidum is pretty close by as well. Although there are what appear to be vastly different habitats around me, water (presence or absence) appears to be the defining thread. Perhaps I'm oversimplifying things, but I am about to find out. I should just check your website John but did/do you grow western T's with any success?
Robin Bell, Oregon extension of N. California, known by locals as the State of Jefferson.