[Trillium-l] Trillium research

John T Lonsdale PhD john at johnlonsdale.net
Sat Jan 17 01:53:45 CET 2015

Charles is absolutely right about underwoodii.  Those from the Tallahassee
area come up ridiculously early here whereas those centered on Alexander
City, AL don't appear above ground until mid-March.  I think it has to do
with the number of 'cold' days they need to experience to be satisfied
winter is over.  It is an identical situation with decipiens - those from
Early County, GA and close by in FL are way early, those from around
Pittsview, AL are much later and not damaged by the cold.  I'm sure the
splitters will have at them sooner rather than later.

Best,

John