[Trillium-l] Trillium Research

Russell Graham eldergrahams at me.com
Fri Jan 16 19:27:58 CET 2015

I for one applaud what you are doing Tony! PLUS, you are offering selections/species that are not otherwise readily available!

On Jan 15, 2015, at 3:35 PM, Tony Avent wrote:

> Growing trilliums from seed and then selling the plants requires two types of research…propagation research and marketing research.  We’ve worked out the propagation part, and are slowly working on the marketing.

It is a shame that after all these years and the comments in the Case book about research that you find you are still having to research propagation from seed.

Given the responses so far to my question it appears whatever work the Cases were referring to may not have been completed and certainly it has not fulfilled their thoughts about growing Trillium commercially and thereby reducing pressures on wild populations...

Best,