[Trillium-l] Trillium Research

Tony Avent Tony at plantdelights.com
Fri Jan 16 00:35:42 CET 2015

Growing trilliums from seed and then selling the plants requires two types of research...propagation research and marketing research.  We've worked out the propagation part, and are slowly working on the marketing.  The key is convincing prospective customers that nursery propagated plants are worth the price we must charge, as compared to wild collected trilliums offered in the box stores.  We see sales improving slightly each season, so hope the education trend is continuing.  Because of the long production cycle, nursery propagated trilliums will never be something taken on by a large number of nurseries.

Tony Avent
Plant Delights Nursery @
Juniper Level Botanic Garden
9241 Sauls Road
Raleigh, North Carolina  27603  USA
USDA Hardiness Zone 7b
email tony at plantdelights.com<mailto:tony at plantdelights.com>
website  http://www.plantdelights.com<http://www.plantdelights.com/>
"I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself...at least three times"