[Trillium-l] Trillium Research

bbruss at juno.com bbruss at juno.com
Thu Jan 15 14:54:24 CET 2015

When I ran my business full time I did do the eastern Trillium from seed.  I sowed them directly into raised beds and let nature do the rest.  I started growing them from seed when I noticed they were self sowing all over my yard, even in sunny lawn.  I did grandiflorum the most followed by erectum and luteum.  I was wholesale and nurseries wouldn't pay my price of $4..  I don't think I ever sold more than 50 plants in total.  When I closed the business I gave all my stock away.  I was told my price was too high as they could get them cheaper.  It made no difference that mine were grown from seed here.  It was obvious the plants they sold were  wild collected as they were small and generally only half as tall as my plants. I went out of business in 2008 so it wasn't that long ago. Marsha Russell, zone 5a, Littleton, MA, USA