[Trillium-l] Vegetative Propagation

The Grahams eldergrahams at me.com
Fri Jan 27 16:46:24 CET 2012

Very interesting Michael,

Good for you and thanks for sharing.
On Jan 27, 2012, at 4:55 AM, bonsaigai37 at aol.com wrote:

> The old portions of rhizome were cut into coin shaped disks, soaked in fungicide, and incubated in perlite (barely moist).

Free's account indicates failure with that technique as well... He also tried a vertical cutting of the rootstock that failed to grow for him. "Horizontal cuttings of the rootstock also rotted away. The evidence of these unsuccessful methods of cutting, while perhaps not conclusive, suggest that they be avoided. The operation might have been successes, but the patients died."

John,
I have not found the book as a digital version but there are LOTS of used copies for sale. I found the 1979 edition at the local library.

Best Regards,