[Trillium-l] Need advice on forcing Trilliums for February Flower Show

Larry Stauffer lstauffer90 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 14:57:45 CET 2012

Susie
I'm not sure about forcing a bloom, but rooted propagules from
micropropagation require at least 2 months (preferrably 3) of refrigeration
to set their clocks, before they will come up. A suggestion would be to
transfer your plants to the refrig so they have enough time for the 3
months chill and also enough time to come up and bloom (an additional
month?).
Have never tried this, so might not work at all, but worth a test run with
maybe one plant to see.
Larry