[Trillium-l] Hybrids - for the record

The Grahams eldergrahams at me.com
Thu May 26 19:53:33 CEST 2011

Kyle,

I hope the link Jim offered will work for you.

On May 26, 2011, at 2:24 AM, Kyle Baker wrote:

> but the link does not work and I can't seem to locate any other way

A search for Trillium on the RHS website also will turn it up.

The pictures on page 42 and 43 of the Case book certainly suggest to me that hybrids might offer some real variety to what one could see in the garden. BUT as they and others point out there are plenty of natural hybrids to be seen.

My current pursuit is to learn if there are any hybrids "out there" (other than the one the Case's provided photos of) that are the result of controlled hybridization. So far I have to remain a skeptic, in the absence of "any" documentation.

ALL seed of hybrids on seed exchanges has been from plants of natural origin and "thought to be" hybrids. So the seed is of garden origin as was the parent in each case from what I have found, no controlled crosses.

Nothing I have read except in the last issue of 'The Garden' has suggested any benefit of growing the hybrids (except the difference in appearance/look).

The quest continues,