[Trillium-l] Trillium erectum x flexipes

The Grahams eldergrahams at me.com
Tue May 17 05:39:10 CEST 2011

On May 16, 2011, at 8:00 PM, Fern Hill wrote:

> My gracious - I am beginning to go on near as long as Richard used to.

So? Do go on.

I should have read your message before responding to Jim's... WE now know what you both understood of what Dick Lighty thought and a bit about the appearance of the Trilliums and the geology and the history of the area they grow in.

BUT what do YOU two think about these Trilliums you have seen and grow in your gardens? Are they hybrids more than they are species diversity?

Do natural hybrids of erectum and flexipes occur? If they do what is the distinction from species diversity we have been hearing about from others?

The only erectum I have grown have had tiny flowers...even as mature plants.

All Best,