[Trillium-l] Trillium erectum x flexipes

The Grahams eldergrahams at me.com
Tue May 17 05:27:19 CEST 2011

I am "learning" that "anything" is possible when it comes to Trillium Jim!
On May 16, 2011, at 1:56 PM, Jim McClements wrote:

> Could this be the source of the "erectum/flexipes hybrid" that started this thread of discussion?

However, the pictures and descriptions I have reviewed of the purported erectum x flexipes hybrids offered in England all have some pink in the coloration and you indicate this population is not like "type" erectum and all white.

I am curious about the  "Susquehanna Trillium" that evidently have been observed a lot though. Do they have "hybrid vigor" as the ones in the article I mentioned are supposed to have? If they breed as "true" as you indicate and "look different from" erectum OR flexipes how have they escaped being assigned a species designation?

Thanks,