[Trillium-l] Trillium erectum x flexipes

The Grahams eldergrahams at me.com
Sat May 14 23:35:00 CEST 2011

I am not sure the subject Trillium has been found in Ohio but these two bloggers want to believe they have.

http://floraofohio.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-date-with-red-trillium.html

http://trekkingohio.blogspot.com/2011/05/terectum-x-tflexipes-wild-hybrid.html

The image in the second site that was borrowed is on the  Rare Plants website. I do not see anything in any of the discussions that is all that persuasive that what is being shown is a hybrid or that if it is a hybrid that the cross would be for certain erectum x flexipes, especially when the seed parents are of unknown origin as the ones at Rare Plants seem to be.

I have now found at least 3 nurseries listing seedlings of a parent that is purported to be a hybrid of erectum and flexipes...(albeit the descriptions are quite different...) Maybe I am too skeptical?

All Best,