[Trillium-l] Sulcatum Diversity

Jim McClements jimmcclem at gmail.com
Fri May 13 15:04:34 CEST 2011

I was told, a few years back, that T. sulcatum in profile has a
candle-snuffer shape, whereas the other members of the "erectum complex" are
essentially flat when viewed in profile.

I find this very helpful. I don't find the sulcate sepal (not petal) to be
nearly as distinguishing, despite its being the source of the species' name.

Jim McClements