[Trillium-l] GREEN

The Grahams eldergrahams at me.com
Tue May 10 06:02:07 CEST 2011

Great images Adam.

Ironically I found a decipiens blooming today and it is a darkish green but not maroon. Unfortunately I have no idea as to the origin of the seed for the plant or if it is for certain labeled correctly. The plant arrived here as a seedling from a garden in Seattle.

I am beginning to think this is a green Trillium year, like we will likely have for Tomatoes as well.

On May 9, 2011, at 8:08 PM, Adam Black wrote:

> Something is unusual about this particular site having a wide range of color forms mixed together, as a few other FL populations 20 or so miles away have nothing but typical maroon colored petals amongst hundreds of plants with no variation.

I really appreciate the context as it seems there are similar factors with Trillium kurabayashii where populations do or do not have yellow forms. Yellows are quite infrequent generally, but seem to only occur in "some" situations, certainly not all locals. In addition I am told some populations have the bronze or muddy combinations and others that  have yellow do not have ANY intermediates with maroon.

I am attempting some cross pollination of the green specimens I have here, trying to get the green ones labeled to watch in the future, etc. Time might tell something.