[Trillium-l] GREEN

Fern Hill fernhill at voicenet.com
Mon May 9 20:13:35 CEST 2011

Russ,

I have seen green-flowered grandiflorums - I believe Jim Mc Clements has one
and Brian Carson also.  These appeared nearly normal except for color.  I
have also seen pictures of green-flowered grandiflorums taken in North Ohio,
but most of those were sort of mop-headed doubles and probably had
contracted Fred Case's mycoplasm.  I have seen some T. cuneatum purples that
turn distinctly greenish and thicken their petals with age.  Some of the
other sessiles - T.maculatum in particular - seem to be yellowish-green
before they are fuly open.  T.oostingii opens a distinct yellow-green.

John Gyer  Clarksboro  NJ  USA