[Trillium-l] Trillium-L Gallery Image Upload (3119)Hexastylis (Asarum) speciosa \"Woodlanders Select\"

Tony Avent Tony at plantdelights.com
Mon May 9 16:22:34 CEST 2011

Nathan:

We grew asarum from seed this year and they were amazingly easy.  Harold Holmes has the most experience with this.  We typically don't get good asarum seed set here.

As far a taxonomy goes, everytime the southeast taxonomist try to just the retention of the genus hexastylis, they neglect to look at all of the Asian asarum species....truly bizarre.

Tony Avent
Plant Delights Nursery @
Juniper Level Botanic Garden
9241 Sauls Road
Raleigh, North Carolina  27603  USA
Minimum Winter Temps 0-5 F
Maximum Summer Temps 95-105F
USDA Hardiness Zone 7b
email tony at plantdelights.com
website  http://www.plantdelights.com
phone 919 772-4794
fax  919 772-4752
"I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself...at least three times" - Avent