[Trillium-l] Best trillium year

Carl Denton carl at trilliums.co.uk
Mon May 2 22:20:44 CEST 2011

Goodday everyone.
I just want to put on record what a wonderful trillium year it is here
in Yorkshire England. Over the past 20 years I have not known it so
good. The reason is the lack of rain, we have not had any for the past 6
weeks and so the usual April onslaught by multitudinous slugs and snails
has not materialised. Even though I have watered the trilliums by
hosepipe the slugs have not come out.
Usually by now the trilliums out in the garden are showing major damage
by the slugs but this year, No , even the succulent hosta leaves are
showing no slug damage.
The water companies have not been shouting about water shortages yet but
obviously that will be the next hurdle to cross.
How is this years weather suiting everyone else.
Yours
Carl
George Carlton Denton
Yorkshire England Z8