[Trillium-l] North American Trillium Hybrids

Dennis Weston dennis.weston at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 25 23:11:23 CET 2011

Here in SW Ontario , Canada there are 1000's of Trillium Erectum and Trillium Grandiflorum growing in the old woodlot that has existed  since before the settlers came in the 1600's . There is the usual variance in bloom and plant size ;  all are easy to relocate to a shady spot in  the immediate yard if I so desire  . There is only one unusual light yellow flowering trillium that I stumbled upon 15 or 20 years ago which seems difficult to identify . The woodlot is indeed a heavenly place in early Spring when the blossoms break open .
D. Weston
33 miles south of Sarnia , Ont. ; 65 miles west of London , Ont. ; and 30 miles east of Mount Clemens , Michigan