[Trillium-l] Fwd: Trillium rivale 'Del Norte'

The Grahams eldergrahams at me.com
Mon Jan 24 04:41:12 CET 2011

Just in case there is any historical interest what follows was sent to me, today, by Boyd Kline's son Curt. With Curt's note as a reference I found the same entry in the 1986 fall supplement as well only in '86 there was no limit. I have an incomplete collection of catalogs but at this point we suspect "Del Norte' was only offered for those two years.

> Siskiyou Rare Plant Nursery, FALL SUPPLEMENT to the 1987 CATALOG
>
> #8535 T. rivale 'Del Norte' NEW  6 in. tall.  An exciting wild selection by Crocker and Kline (founders of Siskiyou Rare Plant Nursery).  A robust strain displaying possible hybrid vigor.  Larger than T. rivale in leaf and flower.  Pure-pink blossoms on stout stems.  One per customer.
> $7.50  .
>  I went through all of Dad's catalogs from 1987 forward and never saw it mentioned again. (note from Curt)

Best Regards,