Sat May 19 03:47:24 CEST 2007

Sender: "Trillium Enthusiast Discussion List (and other Woodland pl=
From: ferngro at ATT.NET
Subject: Re: You say viridescens/ sessile

T recurvatum is immensely variable in all ways.  The collection at Cheekw=ood in Nashville has some especially interesting ones and I've seen lots =of differences in the wild.

I have some as you describe - think they came from Illinois.  They look t=o me more like Native American people raising their arms to the sun. (The=y are not praying, just airing out the old armpits.  OK, so I'm an incura=ble romantic.)

T sessile is also immensely variable but I've never seen any robust or ta=ll enough to be mistaken for T cuneatum.

--
Sue Hollis

From: G=F6te Svanholm <gote at SVANHOLM.SE>

Trillium-L-request at nic.surfnet.nl