Tue May 15 04:36:06 CEST 2007

Sender: "Trillium Enthusiast Discussion List (and other Woodland pl=
From: "Charles S. Hunter" <2csh at BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject: Re: Wildflower Nursery North Carolina
Content-Transf er-Encoding: 7bit

Given the many years it takes to grow trillium from seed, no doubt they a=re
wild collected.

And I really question the ID on them- for example cernuum (they say
"cernum") is a northern plant not growing at all in the south. Similar T.
rugelii grow in North Carolina. And since when does vaseyi (they say
"vassyi") have a brown flower? And what is Trillium stylose? And T. sessi=le
with "spotted leaf red"?

If they sell them so cheap, I wonder how much they pay the collectors for
them. 50 cents a plant? Probably less than that since you can buy 100
"purple erectum"  for 90 cents a plant.

Charles Hunter
Smyrna, Georgia USA   z7 (trilliums all going over here)