Thu Mar 18 23:21:37 CET 2004

Sender: "Trillium Enthusiast Discussion List (and other Woodland pl=
From: Carl Denton <trilliums at TRILLIUMS.PLUS.COM>
Subject: Re: Trillium fungus/the Grunge

I've been at a conference and only now catching up with emails.  I'm
just guessing that it's fungal so it's good to know that someone has
tested.  I've noticed two diseases in Trillium.  One with small round,
light brown spots on the leaves (I assume rust from what I've heard
people talk about rust looking like this in Podophyllum) and the other a
condition where the Trillium develop a white cottony mass where the
leaves attach to the stem.  This happens later in the season as warm
weather sets in.
David

Hi David,
Neither of these descriptions sound like my blight.  Mine had small defor=med
leaves, stunted growth and small oval (2 x 5mm) pale patches on the stem.
Then no growth the following year.
I was logging my seed pots today and found a pot of T cuneatum you sent m=e
from Blount Co TN. in 1999 was in flower bud on 3 seedlings. 5 years is n=ot
bad going. Thankyou.
Carl
Leeds  Yorkshire  England  Z 8
www.trilliums.co.uk