Wed Mar 10 22:21:58 CET 2004

Sender: "Trillium Enthusiast Discussion List (and other Woodland pl=
From: Richard and Michelle Vagner <Richelles at CHARTER.NET>
Subject: Re: FW: Trillium growth

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C406BB.CF788690

I've seen some kind of slime on Trilliums in Tennessee but rather than =
progressing year to year this seems to bring down the entire clump in a =
matter of days. It was always on sessile Trilliums that were growing in =
or near the mow zone on back roads. The Trilliums were growing in grass =
and for the most part were nice size plants. I can't say every clump I =
saw with this slime on every plant in the clump was in a mostly shade =
area but I don't recall ever seeing it in full sun although sessiles do =
grow well in full sun in wet areas.  During this part of the year, when =
Trilliums are making rapid growth, it does rain often and grass holds =
moisture which may be a causal relationship where the mold gets a start =
on the soft growth of the emerging Trillium. Usually pedicellate =
Trilliums don't make clumps the way sessiles do and I don't remember =
ever seeing this situation on them. Not really an answer but maybe this =
will give someone else something to report about similar occurrences.=2=0

Richard on the Mountain in Gatlinburg Cold today just above freezing =
with sunshine.