Mon Mar 8 20:21:49 CET 2004

Sender: "Trillium Enthusiast Discussion List (and other Woodland pl=
From: "Jim McClements, Dover, DE z6" <JimMcClem at AOL.COM>
Subject: Re: Trillium Trek

--part1_166.2c858170.2d7e21cd_boundary

In a message dated 3/8/04 1:41:12 PM, john at JOHNLONSDALE.NET writes:

> t seemed to me that the easiest way to describe the difference between
> FLOWERING underwoodii and decipiens plants is to take a typical underwo=odii
> then double the stem length - that will give you a typical mature decip=iens.
> Whether they are really distinct species is in the eye of the beholder.

I think that the petal shape is very different in the two species. Most o=f
the decipiens that I grow or have seen in the wild have shorter, broader =petals.

JIm

Jim McClements
50 S. Prestwick Ct, Dover, Delaware, 19904, USA, Zone 7a

Trillium-L-request at nic.surfnet.nl

--part1_166.2c858170.2d7e21cd_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><HTML><FONT COLOR="#000000" FACE=="Gen=
eva" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" SIZE="2"><BR>
In a message dated 3/8/04 1:41:12 PM, john at JOHNLONSDALE.NET writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE CITE STYLE="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: =5px; =
MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px" TYPE="CITE"></FONT><FONT COLOR=="#0=
00000" FACE="Geneva" FAMILY="SANSSERIF" SIZE="2">t seemed to =me that t=
he easiest way to describe the difference between<BR>
FLOWERING underwoodii and decipiens plants is to take a typical underwood=ii<=

then double the stem length - that will give you a typical mature decipie=ns.=
<BR>
Whether they are really distinct species is in the eye of the beholder.<B=R>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" FACE="Geneva" FAMILY=="SANSSE=
RIF" SIZE="2"><BR>
<BR>
I think that the petal shape is very different in the two species. Most o=f t=
he decipiens that I grow or have seen in the wild have shorter, broader p=eta=
ls.<BR>
<BR>
JIm<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Jim McClements<BR>
50 S. Prestwick Ct, Dover, Delaware, 19904, USA, Zone 7a<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" FACE="Geneva" FAMILY="SANSSERIF"=SIZE="=
2"></FONT></HTML>
Trillium-L-request at nic.surfnet.nl