Thu Mar 4 00:02:14 CET 2004

Sender: "Trillium Enthusiast Discussion List (and other Woodland pl=
From: Anthony DARBY <anthony at DARBY.ECLIPSE.CO.UK>
Subject: Re: Limestone Chips / Hydrated Lime/ Grit

I always thought that part of the reason for 'feeding' grit to poultry wa=s
for Calcium. I know crushed oyster is used, but why not incorporate it in=to
the grit? The vinegar trick would prove one way or the other (if it fizze=s
it is calcareous). It is not something I have thought much about, as we j=ust
use granit chips (6mm), gravel (10mm) or just plain grit (which is igneou=s
rock crushed and sieved to 4 or 6mm).

Anthony.