Mon Mar 1 17:06:06 CET 2004

Sender: "Trillium Enthusiast Discussion List (and other Woodland pl=
From: "Mellard, David" <dam7 at CDC.GOV>
Subject: Re: Trillium and Middle Earth
Content-Transf er-Encoding: quoted-printable

> I was always lead to believe that Tolkien based Middle
> Earth loosely on rural England in days of yore?

Like deciding what is a Trillium species and what is not, one must not
take all this too literally.  As a teenager, I read Tolkien's trilogy
repeatedly and am very pleased that someone took it from cartoons to the
imaginary world of movies.  The surprise is that New Zealand is the
place that made Middle Earth come to life.  Trillium seem to fit there,
too.

David

Trillium-L-request at nic.surfnet.nl