Wed Jul 14 23:53:29 CEST 2004

Sender: "Trillium Enthusiast Discussion List (and other Woodland pl=
From: "J.E. Shields" <jshields104 at INSIGHTBB.COM>
Subject: Do Trillium Mix?

Hi all,

I have some black walnut trees that are getting large enough to cast quit=e
a bit of shade.  I'm thinking of planting some Hosta under them, and I
wonder if Trillium get along with Hosta?  I worry a bit that the Hosta ma=y
overpower the Trillium!

Can anyone comment on 1) Trillium tolerance for the root zone under Black
Walnut trees; and 2) can Trillium hold their own with Hosta?

Regards,
Jim Shields
in central Indiana

Jim Shields             USDA Zone 5             Shields Gardens, Ltd.
P.O. Box 92              WWW:    http://www.shieldsgardens.com/
Westfield, Indiana 46074, USA
Tel. ++1-317-867-3344     or      toll-free 1-866-449-3344 in USA

Trillium-L-request at nic.surfnet.nl