Wed Jul 7 19:37:58 CEST 2004

Sender: "Trillium Enthusiast Discussion List (and other Woodland pl=
From: Barbara Jones <bjjones1960 at YAHOO.COM>
Subject: Collecting trillium seeds
:30360"

--0-445222775-1089221878=:30360

This year I tried a new way of collecting seeds, and so far it has worked=well for 5 varieties. If the seeds are bulging in the seedpods but not y=et perfectly ripe, I just cut off the plants and put them in a vase of wa=ter like a bouquet. The seeds continue maturing over the course of a few =days or a week, and as each pod is softened and becomes easy to remove, I=toss it in a labelled ziploc bag in the fridge. Much nicer to collect se=eds in the kitchen than wading through poison ivy on multiple trips durin=g these hot summer days.

Barbara
I am checking seed pods almost daily (and have still missed a couple of
chances as there were only shells when I arrived).

Trillium-L-request at nic.surfnet.nl
--0-445222775-1089221878=:30360

<DIV>This year I tried a new way of collecting seeds, and so far it has w=orked well for 5 varieties. If the seeds are bulging in the seedpods but =not yet perfectly ripe, I just cut off the plants&nbsp;and put&nbsp;them =in a vase of water like a bouquet. The seeds continue maturing over the c=ourse of a few days or a week, and as each pod is softened and becomes ea=sy to remove, I toss it in a labelled ziploc bag in the fridge. Much nice=r to collect seeds in the kitchen than wading through poison ivy&nbsp;on =multiple trips during&nbsp;these hot summer days.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Barbara</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">I am checking seed pods almost daily (and=have still missed a couple of<BR>chances as there were only shells when =I arrived). </BLOCKQUOTE><p>
<hr size=1>Do you Yahoo!?<br>
Trillium-L-request at nic.surfnet.nl