Aborted T. grandiflorum flore pleno flowers

Jim McClements, Dover, DE z6 JimMcClem at AOL.COM
Tue Oct 21 04:38:02 CEST 2003

In a message dated 10/20/03 6:36:51 PM, galaplantsandlesley at HOTMAIL.COM
writes:

> Incidentally, according to my pet boffin at the RBG Kew, the term "flore
> pleno" meaning double, ALWAYS should be written as "flore pleno" regardless
> of the gender of the plant name to which it refers. Never "flore plena" or
> "flora plena."
>
> Interesting! I recall seeing it spelled differently,   and, as a matter of
fact, Fred Case has it as "floro plenum" in his book.

Jim

Jim McClements
50 S. Prestwick Ct, Dover, Delaware, USA, Zone 7a

Trillium-L-request at nic.surfnet.nl