Aborted T.grandiflorum flore plena flowers

Yeatts, Steve syeatts at JACKSONEMC.COM
Mon Oct 20 20:22:10 CEST 2003

David,
Some of the populations in NE Georgia range from 1500 ft.-2000 ft. The =ones from the Lake Burton area do great for me, while others at higher =elevations live very sporadically for me.

Steve Yeatts
Athens, GA
Charter Member of the GC

-----Original Message-----
From: Mellard, David [mailto:dam7 at CDC.GOV]
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 2:17 PM
To: TRILLIUM-L at NIC.SURFNET.NL
Subject: Re: Aborted T.grandiflorum flore plena flowers

>Could it be possible that the plants themselves have some intrinsic =problem
e.g.
viral infection. Are all the plants so affected from a common ancestor?
Do the regular T. grandiflorum bloom well in your area?

Gosh, I wish I knew the answer to this question.  T. grandiflorum does =not
flourish for me here in Atlanta and I'm only about an hour and half =south of
some fabulous populations.  I have some holding on in a few spots and am
scratching my head trying to figure out what microclimate to create for
them.  At times, I think it is like T. undulatum and just can't take
Hotalanta's summer.  That's rather difficult to believe, though, because
there's not much difference between here and that 1.5 hour drive =northeast
of Atlanta.  Maybe 500 feet?  Steve, these are the populations around
Clayton, Georgia.  Would you say 1500 feet?

David
Atlanta

Trillium-L-request at nic.surfnet.nl

Trillium-L-request at nic.surfnet.nl