Aborted T.grandiflorum flore plena flowers

Mellard, David dam7 at CDC.GOV
Mon Oct 20 20:17:15 CEST 2003

>Could it be possible that the plants themselves have some intrinsic problem
e.g.
viral infection. Are all the plants so affected from a common ancestor?
Do the regular T. grandiflorum bloom well in your area?

Gosh, I wish I knew the answer to this question.  T. grandiflorum does not
flourish for me here in Atlanta and I'm only about an hour and half south of
some fabulous populations.  I have some holding on in a few spots and am
scratching my head trying to figure out what microclimate to create for
them.  At times, I think it is like T. undulatum and just can't take
Hotalanta's summer.  That's rather difficult to believe, though, because
there's not much difference between here and that 1.5 hour drive northeast
of Atlanta.  Maybe 500 feet?  Steve, these are the populations around
Clayton, Georgia.  Would you say 1500 feet?

David
Atlanta

Trillium-L-request at nic.surfnet.nl