Mon Aug 17 16:13:27 CEST 1998

Sender: "Trillium Enthusiast Discussion List (and other Woodland pl=
From: TomEJ at AOL.COM
Subject: Gook on the end of the seed
Content-transf er-encoding: 7bit

Hi,

I'm in the middle of harvesting seeds from T. Erectum, and I'm trying to =get
the yellow pulpy stuff from the seeds, which I assume is the elaiosome? I='ve
tried brushing the seeds on toweling, on screen mesh, rubbing over them w=ith
my fingers. The stuff just doesn't want to come off the seeds. Even picki=ng
the stuff off with tweezers is time-consuming and doesn't really work eit=her.
Short of importing some ants and letting them do the job, can anyone offe=r me
any ideas?

Tom Jacobs
Dutchess County, NY Zone 5-6