Thu Aug 6 07:03:27 CEST 1998

Sender: "Trillium Enthusiast Discussion List (and other Woodland pl=
From: Kate or Darcy <wce at BC.SYMPATICO.CA>
Subject: Re: Red Berries

Stuart Hechinger wrote:

> To make it easier to identify the plants more precisely, since it seems
> that it has
> been established as grandiflora/erectum, may I suggest the following..
>
> Majella had such good results with root cutting in his field that maybe
> Lois or someone could send some damped cloth wrapped root segments alon=g
> with a pressed leaf say stapled between cardboard sheets, and sent alon=g
> in a bubble
> wrap package to those who might want to try for a closer examination no=w
> and
> in spring?
>
> Stuart Hechinger

Hi Stuart;

I am puzzled and don't know why you're asking Lois to do this. It was
not she who had the good results with root cuttings, nor has she any of
the plants in question on hand. Perhaps you could direct the request to
Majella who did have success with this experiment, and who also has
posted on his identification of his grandiflorum red berry population.
It is more likely that Majella would be of help and or assistance in
this regard. Majella???

Darcy Gunnlaugson

Victoria