[Ipe-discuss] is it possible to click on object to select?

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Sat Oct 28 07:25:26 CEST 2023

Lets say I have two lines drawn. A and B.

By first clicking on the arrow icon at top left corner
(select object), then clicking in the line A, selects it.

Next I click on say "stretch object" icon and now I
can drag the end of the line to change its length.

Next, I move the mouse over to line B to do the same.

But now clicking on line B does not select it. Line A
remains selected (it still have the orange color on it,
meaning it is current selected object).

I have to go back to click on the arrow icon to turn
on select object, move the mouse back to line B and
click on it to select it, and then go click on
the stretch object icon, and now I can change the
length of line B.

Is there a way to select line B by just clicking on
it while keeping the stretch mode on? This will
save 3 clicks and lots of mouse movement.

Using Visio, this is what happen. By just clicking on object, it
gets selected automatically.

I searched and not able to find if this is possible or not.

Thanks
--Nasser