[Ipe-discuss] Animated GIF from multiview IPE file

Fabio Stumbo stf at unife.it
Tue Jun 13 18:52:07 CEST 2023

Hi there,

in the IPE gallery

https://sarielhp.org/p/gallery/

there are a bounch of images which are exactly what I am trying to
achieve, that is an animated gif created from an IPE source which
contains many views, with a GIF layer for each view of the IPE source.

See for example image n. 3, that is

https://sarielhp.org/p/gallery/17/09/24/big_graph_anim.ipe

I have my IPE source with many views but I don't know how to obtain an
animated GIF from it: how do I do it? Do I need to save an image for
every view then create a GIF from all the images or there is a smarter
(and quicker!) way which I am missing?

In the case, can I choose somehow the showing time for each gif layer or
it will be the same for every layer?

Many thanks

Fabio