[Ipe-discuss] Error compiling Latex text using IPE 7.2.24 on windows 10

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Tue Feb 1 23:32:24 CET 2022

I just installed 7.2.24

I am making a diagram. Created a Text object and typed in it the following

\begin{empheq}[left = \empheqlbrace]{align*}
\left[  \sqrt{r}\right]_{c_1}&=0\\
\alpha_{c_1}^{+}&=1\\
\alpha_{c_1}^{-}&=1
\end{empheq}

I made sure the  IPE document has

\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage{empheq}

in its Latex preamble.

But I get compile error

=========================
! LaTeX Error: Bad math environment delimiter.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.96 \end{empheq}
                  %
==========================

The Latex code compiles with no problem on its own

========================
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage{empheq}
\begin{document}
\begin{empheq}[left = \empheqlbrace]{align*}
\left[  \sqrt{r}\right]_{c_1}&=0\\
\alpha_{c_1}^{+}&=1\\
\alpha_{c_1}^{-}&=1
\end{empheq}
\end{document}

I compiled the above file OK using Miktex on windows with no error
both with pdflatex and lualatex.

Why does IPE give a latex error?

Here is a link to the actual ipe file also

https://12000.org/tmp/02012022/case_1.ipe

Thanks
--Nasser