[Ipe-discuss] Change keyboard modifier for horizontal/sideways panning? Ipe

Otfried Cheong ipe at otfried.org
Sat Nov 20 18:57:03 CET 2021

On Sat, Nov 20, 2021, at 17:42, Jacob Barandes via Ipe-discuss wrote:
> This may have been asked before, but is there a way to map Shift+Wheel
> to horizontal or sideways panning? Currently you have to use Alt+Wheel
> to do horizontal panning, but that's not the standard key-mouse
> combination for most Linux applications.

Ipe gets the scroll wheel events from Qt, and Qt reports Alt+Wheel as a horizontal scroll event.
So as far as Qt-applications are concerned, the standard is that Alt+Wheel is for horizontal scrolling.

What other applications do you have in mind?

If there is a consensus that Shift+Wheel should do horizontal scrolling as well, I could try to switch x and y direction when the Shift key is held.