[Ipe-discuss] LaTeX code unreadable in Edit Text Object window on a dark theme

Soeren Nickel soeren.nickel at ac.tuwien.ac.at
Wed May 26 22:37:52 CEST 2021

I am also working on Mint, using a dark Theme and was bothered by that
in the past. I tried to use qt5ct to define a stylesheet, which takes
care of that, but only plain text (i.e. the text, which was previously
uncolored) reacted to it. A colleague of mine looked into it. He found
that the file /ipeui/ipeui_qt.cpp contains

void LatexHighlighter::highlightBlock (see attached image)

which defines the hardcoded mathFormat and tagFormat, which was already
mentioned. Plain text is not adressed here, which is probably, why it
reacted to the qt stylesheet. I would assume, if you change the defined
colors in this file and recompile, then this issue should be resolved.

Best,
Soeren