[Ipe-discuss] How to draw a spring?

Soeren Nickel soeren.nickel at ac.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Feb 17 10:04:59 CET 2021

Hi,

I would also just go for stretching. If you don't want to eyeball it,
place the origin at the top end of the spring (F1 while snapping to the
start vertex, i.e., the one you want to stay where it is), orient the
coordinate system, s.t., theres a line from the start vertex to the end
vertex of the spring (F2 while snapping to the end vertex), enable
angular snap (F8) and then use the stretch function. This makes it
behave the way you would expect a spring to behave I'd say.

Also to get rid of the coordinate system again press CTRL + F1.

Best,
Soeren