[Ipe-discuss] prevent transients from grabbing focus

Mandar Mitra mandar.mitra at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 19:07:13 CET 2021

Hi,

When editing text / paragraphs in ipe, I use emacsclient as my editor. Ipe pops up a little transient window that says "Waiting for external editor" when going from ipe to emacs. On the way back, it pops up another transient that says "Compiling LaTeX". These transients grab the focus during their brief lifetimes, and I have to manually give back focus to either the ipe or the emacs window.

I'm sure I need to fix some setting in my window manager, but I'm wondering if I can disable the transients from within ipe as a quick fix.

Thanks,
Mandar.