[Ipe-discuss] Minted environment for code highlighting in IPE

Lluís Alemany-Puig lluis.alemany.puig at upc.edu
Fri Apr 30 12:54:01 CEST 2021

Ok, fantastic. That worked. Thanks for your help.

Lluís.

P.S.: For those of you interested in this (and who don't know how to it
already) I followed these steps:

1. I created in /home/user/.ipe/ a directory named shellescape and added
to it a file named pdflatex with the contents

     #!/bin/bash
     pdflatex -shell-escape $@

and gave it execute permissions.

2. Following the manual, I added, in the /home/user/.ipe directory, a
file named ipe.conf with the contents

IPELATEXPATH=/home/lluis/.ipe/shellescape/

3. I put in the preamble of the document the packages needed

     \usepackage{minted}
     \usepackage{tcolorbox}
     \BeforeBeginEnvironment{minted}{\begin{tcolorbox}}
     \AfterEndEnvironment{minted}{\end{tcolorbox}}

and the code

     \begin{minted}{python}
     var = 3 # this is a comment
     print(var)