[Ipe-discuss] listings package and ipe

Mandar Mitra mandar.mitra at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 20:21:39 CET 2020

Hello all,

Does the listings package not play well with ipe? Can't identify what the problem is, but here is what I observe.

The attached file (created by ipe-7.2.13) has a "Text label" and a "Paragraph".

The paragraph contains just the line \lstinputlisting{/some/file/name}. I have only the line "\usepackage{listings}" in the preamble.

No text shows up in the ipe window, but the pdf looks ok in evince.

If I delete the paragraph containing \lstinputlisting, then the text label shows up fine in the ipe window.

Why does this happen? Is there a workaround? My actual objective is to annotate various parts of a program text for an introductory programming class.

Many thanks!
-mandar