[Ipe-discuss] How to draw a circle with one half dashed edge and another half solid edge?

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Sat May 18 11:25:00 CEST 2019

I tried this. But it did not lookgood. The new ellipse I draw
behind them (without an edge, just fill) never comes exactly
the exact right shape to fit well inside those outer two arcs.

I ended doing this in tikz, it was simpler actually.

-------------------
\documentclass[tikz]{standalone}
\usetikzlibrary{shapes}
\begin{document}
\begin{tikzpicture}
\def\xR{1.25}; %x radius of ellipse
\def\yR{0.5};  %y radius of ellipse
\draw [dashed,domain=0:180] plot ({\xR*cos(\x)}, {\yR*sin(\x)}); %top half
\draw [domain=-180:0] plot ({\xR*cos(\x)}, {\yR*sin(\x)}); %bottom half
\fill[gray!20] (0,0) ellipse ({\xR} and {\yR}); %overlay with ellipse
\end{tikzpicture}
\end{document}

--Nasser