[Ipe-discuss] Emacs-Ipe integration

Sherif Ghali shghali at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 04:33:08 CEST 2019

Let me share the attached .emacs file that makes it possible to type text
in an Emacs buffer, then to switch to dired-mode, navigate to a .ipe file,
and to press "o" to open the file with Ipe, returning to Emacs after
closing Ipe.

In this style of usage—opening and closing Ipe many times from within
Emacs, it would be nice to be able to configure Ipe to start at a certain
resolution (and perhaps at a certain location), and also to choose starting
in either "Fit page" ("\") or "Fit objects" ("=") mode. Does such a
facility already exist through customization.lua, and if it doesn't, would
it interest others enough so we would lobby Otfried for it?

Sherif