[Ipe-discuss] Text and line

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Mon Feb 25 21:07:47 CET 2019

I'm afraid there is no way to let the colored background shine through but block the black line.    You will have to replace the line by two shorter ones in this situation.     You could still exploit Ipe's alignment modes:

1) Draw the whole measurement line first,
2) Draw the text label
3) Align the text with the line using the right centering mode,
4) Draw two shorter lines using vertex and boundary snapping, so that they start at the endpoints of the whole line and end on it near the label,
5) Delete the long line.

One could certainly make an ipelet to do steps 3 - 5.