[Ipe-discuss] (no subject)

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Sun Feb 24 19:23:01 CET 2019

It would certainly be possible to make an ipelet for adding measurements to a figure  in a single go.

If you do it by hand, I would draw the entire measurement line first.  Then I draw the text as a label, and create a white rectangle without boundary to cover up the line where the text goes (one easy way to do that is to select the label and use Ipelets->Goodies->Insert bounding box, but perhaps you prefer more white space around your text).   Finally, select the line, the label, and the box and press "Shift+C" (Ipelets->Align->Align centers).

By the way, the slanted lines at the end of your measurement lines could be defined as an arrow type - then adding them is as easy as adding an arrow to any line.