[Ipe-discuss] How do I add the notes to IPE-Presenter. Slides created using Beamer

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Sun Aug 25 22:24:36 CEST 2019

On Sun, Aug 25, 2019, at 19:53, Reuven Segev via Ipe-discuss wrote:
> Sorry for the trivial question. How do I add the notes to
> IPE-Presenter? In particular, how do I do that when I use Beamer to
> create the slides? (I tried, but I cannot edit text in the "Notes"
> window.)

IpePresenter is really just a presenter - it cannot modify the file at all.

To add notes to a beamer presentation, you write the notes directly into the beamer source.   The easiest way to do this is to define in your preamble

\usepackage{pdfcomment}
\newcommand{\pdfnote}[1]{\marginnote{\pdfcomment[icon=note]{#1}}}

and then you can add notes to slides by saying

\pdfnote{remember to say hello}

See under III here: http://iihm.imag.fr/blanch/software/osx-presentation/

I really need to add a chapter about IpePresenter to the manual!