[Ipe-discuss] Stylesheet usability

Tim Hutt tdhutt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 19:02:58 CEST 2019

> When you add a style sheet to an Ipe document, the sheet becomes part of the document - it is embedded inside.  I'm not sure why you think this is not the case or why you would need to copy around the style sheet.

Ahhhh. I did wonder about that but I was thinking "style sheets" ...
kind of like CSS, which are externally linked. Also surely the file
must include the full path of the original stylesheet otherwise how
does "Update Stylesheets" work? I wonder if this could be made more
obvious somehow...

> instead, put your customizations into ~/.ipe/ipelets/customization.lua, so they will be preserved when you update Ipe

Ah good point. VSCode has a text-based configuration and until
recently when you edited it it opened the default config and the user
config in side-by-side editors. It works surprisingly well. I wonder
if IPE could do something similar.

Cheers,

Tim