[Ipe-discuss] Precisely select symbols taken from component library

Christian Kral dr.christian.kral at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 10:31:27 CEST 2019

Hi,

I created an electrical engineering component library in
https://github.com/christiankral/ElectricalEngineering.isy to simplify
the creating of electrical circuits. After developing some components I
was running into troubles selecting symbols. As an example, please
consider three symbols (two resistors, one disk marker) with the
reference points show on the left in pic below; this example is
available at
https://gist.github.com/christiankral/134b9feb5603f159c6532039c7bcc0dd.

If I assemble the symbols to a circuit the three indicated reference
points will end up on the very same location. My question is how a user
can select one of the three symbols systematically, e.g., to move the
vertical resistor...

However, one could say the design of the components is in a way "wrong"
as all components shall rather have their reference points in the
component center. So for the resistor the reference point could be moved
from one line end to the center of the symbol -- this were a possible
solution.

Can anyone share his experience or make some comments on this topic.

Thanks,
Christian