[Ipe-discuss] image inserted

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Wed Jul 19 03:36:45 CEST 2017

There are a number of ways to do that:

1) From the Ipe UI:
Select the image, then Ipelets -> Goodies -> Insert bounding box.
Select the box and select "Edit as XML".

2) The hacker way:
Save the file in XML-Format (with the .ipe extension).
Then open the file in your text editor of choice (hackers use vi or
emacs) and search for the <image line.

3) The even hackier way:
Select the image in Ipe, then press Ctrl+C to copy it to the clipboard.
Open your favorite editor and paste the object.

4) The XML way:
Save the file in XML-Format (with the .ipe extension).
Then open the file in an xml viewer.  (On Windows, I think just changing
the file extension to .xml and double-clicking it will open it in
Internet Explorer, which has a decent XML viewing mode).