[Ipe-discuss] Changing the default color

Zhengdao Wang zhengdao at iastate.edu
Sun Aug 20 21:56:43 CEST 2017

These options pertain to the default Ipe behavior, and there are many
other options besides pen color, such as those under Properties, and
some under Snap. It is hard to say whether these options belong to the
documents or the GUI. The documents don't necessarily need them, but
it would be convenient to have a set of default options for each
document. In either case, including the options in a loadable style
file rather than ipelet .lua file seems to be a more flexible
solution.

Maybe a new element can be introduced, such as

<guioption name=... value= ...>

where name can be say, pencolor, and value can be say, black.

This syntax is centralized, where all default options can be put
together. Also it is backward compatible.

However it is implemented, being able to config would be highly
desirable.  Of course a set of fall back default options can be
included in the standard style sheet.

Just my 2 cents!

Zhengdao